whole30: chocolate pudding

Happy New Year!

I'm so excited to be sharing my first recipe of 2016 with you! and boy is it goooood.....


We had a wonderful holiday season, ending 2015 on a relaxing note with our family in Florida. Sometimes I do crazy things, and my husband has a full time job of reeling me back into normalcy. So when I had the craziest idea of all, I was surprised that he said "Yes, let's do that!" with out hesitation. On our drive back to North Carolina, I had this crazy, crazy, really crazy thought. Seemingly out of nowhere I had the desire to start 2016 adhering to the Whole30 detox plan. And not just me....the entire deer pack!! So, here we are three weeks in and I can't believe I have even kept the kids on it too! One week to go and we'll celebrate crossing the finish line! I can see an elegant cheese platter just on the horizon.....



In the weeks to come I will be able to summarize our whole experience and talk a little bit more about our decision to do it. Yes, it's challenging, but every bit rewarding and I can't wait to get my menu plan and recipes into your hands so you can be prepared to join the Whole30 gang too!



Until then, I leave you with this beautiful chocolate masterpiece....for when your cravings are shouting in your ear a little too loud ;)  

chocolate pudding with dark chocolate crumble

pudding:
2 avocadoes
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/2 c dates
2 tbs coconut oil
dash sea salt

crumble topping:
3/4 c almond meal
3/4 c walnuts
1 1/4 c dates
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 tbs cacao nibs
dash sea salt



*put all pudding ingredients in the blender and blend on high, streaming in just enough water to keep the mixture moving. when completely smooth, pour into bowl and chill in fridge.

*pulse the almond meal and walnuts together in the food processor until the pieces are fine and crumbly. 

*add in the dates, cocoa powder and sea salt and blend until the mixture begins to hold together. 

*sprinkle in the cacao nibs and pulse once or twice to break up any big pieces. 

*spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle the crumbles on top of the pudding, then dig in! or ya know, if you have the self control you can wait an hour until it's fully chilled and set....

**for a variation on this you can make more of a pie. the crumble topping is sticky yet firm like a dough. pressing it into a pie plate or ramekin it holds its structure very well. freeze and then pour the pudding on top of the crust. return to freezer until firm**



now, what to do with *all* that left over crumb topping....
check back for the full Whole30 meal plan and I'll show you another dessert to get you through the chocolate cravings! 


One of my favorite photos around our house, each of our children have eaten a version of chocolate avocado pudding on their first birthday <3 Dimitri and Chaz really had a special moment....
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tips for transition/maintaining a healthy lifestyle

roasted butternut squash and tzatziki

chocolate mousse